Thursday, November 3, 2016

Eating Healthy Talk + Recipe


I did these raw food balls last week and I love this recipe so much! I use to do a similar chocolate cake and that one is so delicous too but this time I did it in another shape! 

Today I want to talk to you about eating healthy and what it means for me. For me, eating healthy means to have a balance. A balance between the food you put in your mouth and that balance is different for everyone. 

A couple of weeks ago, I didn't ate any unnecessary sugar. I always eat cakes and cookies during the weekend and sometimes on a weekday too, so I wanted to try and see what happens if I don't do that. It's not like I'm eating more sugar than anyone else, probably less than most people so it's not like I'm eating a cake slize on a weekday, it's more like one biscuit maybe. But anyway, I wanted to quit sugar for one week.

I wanted to do that because I have been feeling a bit tough and tired and not as the happiest person ever lately. And I got a great result but I didn't realised that until the next week. The week after my experiment, I ate sugar as I'm used to and I realised that I'm feeling more unhappy, tired and have more negative thoughts now than I had last week when I didn't had any unnecessary sugar. I also didn't had as good energy as last week. 

So what I'm doing right now is to find the right balance for me. I have come to a conclusion that I'm going to eat less sugar than I'm doing right now because my body seems to feel and respond very good on that. So maybe I will just treat myself with something sweet once a week instead of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. One day is enough!

I recommend all of you to have a week when you quit eating unnecessary sugar and see what happens and how you feel and how your mind and body responds on it! Maybe you will find out that you need to find a new balance or maybe you don't even have one! 

But now over to the recipe! This is a raw food recipe so this is quite healthy! This is what I eat (sometimes on a weekday as well) when I want something sweet. But it's not 100% sweet because it's basically no sugar in it! And it tastes so, so good! 


Ingredients
About 12 

12 fresh dates (if you don't have fresh dates, put them in water over the night before!)

2 dl mixed nuts

1 tb coconut butter/oil

2 tb raw cocoa/cocoa

coconut flakes 

How to

Mix everything together and then roll them into the coconut flakes. Keep them in the fridge and they will stay fresh for about a week.




Share:

3 comments

  1. Wow! That's great to hear. I tried quitting sugar for a couple weeks and I agree, it makes a huge positive difference in my energy level. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, i'll be definitely making some.

    Patricia / Patricia Stelmach

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear your thoughts and I always read the comments and guess what?! Sometimes I reply too :P

© So Lovely By Sophie | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig