Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"Why are my nails yellow?" and other nail questions

I got a question from a reader for some weeks ago about nails. She said that her nails turn yellow when she paints them and she thought that she maybe it allergic. So I got the idea of doing a nail care guide! I paint my nails a lot and I show you all my designs but I never say something about how I take care of my nails so here we go! Better late than never, right?! 

Why are my nails yellow?
Your nails turn yellow because of the nail polish. It's the color pigments in the nail polish that makes it. It's not dangerous and you're not allergic to something. It just doesn't look so good. But there is a simple solution, use a base coat! The base coat protects your nails from becoming yellow and it also makes the color look brighter, shinier and it's easier to put on your nails. 

Base coats I love and that works super good

Why are my nails so brittle? 
Are your nails very brittle, dry and soft and can your easily bend them? You probably have lack of vitmain B12. What you can do is to eat more vitmain B12, like eggs, beef and fish but if you don't like that, there are easier ways! Use a good hand cream and use it often! There are also a lot of creams just for nails. 

Great hand and nails creams

How to file your nails 
This is an important part! I always file my nails in the same direction, not  back and forth. If you file them back and forth, they will split up! And use a file made of glass or crystal! They're the best and they're not expensive either! This is the one I use.

Glass and crystal files
Use top coat!
To use top coat is very important if you want your nails to hold longer and stay shiny and beautiful. 

My favorite top coats
And for the lazy one... Base and top coat in one! 

Instagram / Pinterest / Polyvore
Share:

2 comments

  1. Great tips! I always take some time off of nail polish so my nails can breathe in between colors.

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, it's so important to take care of your nails.

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear your thoughts and I always read the comments and guess what?! Sometimes I reply too :P

© So Lovely By Sophie | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig